Report a Spill

If you have information about pollution being spilled, dumped, or discharged into the stormwater drainage system, which includes storm drains, creeks, lakes, ponds, streets, gutters, or directly into any waterway, please call:

Stormwater Pollution Hotline 408-354-5385 or Report Online

Oil Sheen
Examples of what you can report:

  • Foam, bubbles, or a milky appearance in a ditch or waterway    
  • A strange odor coming from a storm drain
  • Spilled or dumped auto fluids (motor oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, etc) or chemicals (paint, cleaners, etc) on the street or into a storm drain       
  • Wastewater piped to a creek or ditch (i.e. from a washing machine, floor drain)
  • Washing equipment outdoors using chemicals    
  • Sediment flowing off a construction site
  • Other pollutants

For emergencies after hours or hazardous waste spills call 911.

Thank you for helping to protect West Valley Waterways!

Helpful Information