Our mission is to provide facilitation of collaborative stormwater management and pollution prevention efforts and assist the West Valley communities to comply with the municipal stormwater permit and to improve water quality.
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and professional standards. We are honest, authentic, accountable, and deliver our commitments.
- Teamwork - We foster productive relationships through respect, communication, and collaborate to achieve common goals.
- Efficiency - We are resourceful and strategic to optimize the efficiency, effectiveness, and cost benefit from collective pollution prevention efforts.
- Excellence - We are action-oriented and drive results strategically. We continually assess our performance and proactively seek opportunities to improve programs and services.
- Innovation - We foster creativity and encourage thinking forward as we meet challenges and explore new opportunities and future possibilities.
Our 2021 Strategic Priorities
1. Stormwater Permit Compliance
- Negotiate new municipal regional permit provisions (MRP 3.0).
- Evaluate approaches to achieve anticipated MRP 3.0 trash reduction goals.
- Update Emergency Response Plans and standard operating procedures for C.3. New Development & Redevelopment, C.4. Industrial & Commercial Site Controls, C.5. Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination (IDDE), and C.6. Construction Site Controls.
- Evaluate Corporation Yard Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) and update as needed.
- Develop a training video on how to conduct a commercial/industrial stormwater inspection.
- Negotiate new agreement with Santa Clara County Fire to conduct commercial & industrial inspections.
2. Finance and Administration
- Conduct financial consultant study with member agencies to evaluate long-term funding options.
- Conduct study to evaluate Authority's staffing needs, conduct a market analysis of salary and benefit comparisons, and evaluate options for providing retirement and health care benefits to employees of the Authority.
- Develop employee performance management system.
- Assess the need for and develop fiscal, administrative and human resource policies and procedures.
3. Stormwater Education
- Deploy Earth Smart Actions, an online platform to educate and engage the community and students in actions to reduce stormwater pollution.
- Conduct pilot study to evaluate use of social media e.g., Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube to increase reach to target audiences and evaluate resource impact/needs.
- Implement Valley Water Grant to develop a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan at a school site.
- Complete member only website.
- Utilize technology to optimize operational efficiencies and tracking/reporting procedures.
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities.