Our mission is to provide facilitation of collaborative stormwater management and pollution prevention efforts to assist the West Valley communities to comply with the municipal stormwater permit and improve water quality.
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and professional standards. We pledge to fulfill our duties and deliver on our commitments.
- Teamwork - We pursue productive relationships through communication, collaboration, understanding, and respect.
- Efficiency - We maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and cost benefit from collective pollution prevention efforts.
- Excellence - We pursue distinction with a passion. We proactively assess our performance and strive to continuously improve programs, services, and work product.
- Innovation - We foster creativity as we explore opportunities and meet challenges.
Our 2019 Strategic Priorities
1. Stormwater Permit Compliance
- Meet trash reduction targets of 80% reduction (from 2009 levels) by 2019
- Develop and begin implementation of PCB Demolition Management Programs by June 2019
- Develop Green Infrastructure Plans by September 30, 2019
- Review and update stormwater inspection program
2. Finance and Administration
- Prior to the sunset of the storm fee collection in June 2020, develop/implement a short and long-term funding strategy to ensure continuity of funds needed to operate the Authority
- Assess the need for and develop fiscal, administrative and human resource policies and procedures
3. Stormwater Education
- Develop and begin implementation of a public information and outreach strategy that leverages local and regional collaboration to enhance opportunities
- Redesign the WVCWPA’s web-site by June 30, 2019
- Develop Authority Board training and orientation program and City Council education
- Utilize technology to optimize operational efficiencies and tracking/reporting procedures for the annual report
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities